I just added a NOW page to this site (see the link in the upper right corner). This will tell you about the things I’m currently working on. Check back periodically to see what I’m up to.
I have big news! In order to promote my derby art, I am giving away a custom skater portrait to THREE lucky winners! Here are the details.
1. Find the coolest, baddest picture of you playing derby. What’s in the background doesn’t matter, as long as you are clearly visible.
2. Contact the photographer and make sure it’s ok to use the photo. I will use it as a resource, and the finished product will be used in marketing such as my web site, but will not otherwise be reproduced or sold.
3. PM me on Facebook, or email the photo to me, in best quality possible, by midnight on June 15.
4. I will pick the best three photos and use them as resources for paintings, final size approximately 11×14 inches.
5. The finished paintings will be used on my web site and at my merch table for 6 to 9 months.
6. After 6 to 9 months, the painting is yours to keep, free of charge!
7. Rules are subject to change at my discretion.
8. For examples of my work, visit the Roller Derby gallery.
9. BONUS: Please share this post with other skaters. The person who spreads the word the most before the deadline gets their choice of one free shirt.
Looking forward to receiving your entry!
|Those of you who play roller derby know you’ve put years of sweat, tears, and sometimes blood into this sport. You do it for the fun, for the challenge, and mostly because you love it. Why not have a lasting reminder of your time on the track? I will paint a custom, original work of art, in any size, from your favorite photo. I can also add details such as your team logo, number, and name. All my work is created with the highest quality materials, 100% archival, ready to frame, and will last for many years.
To the right is a painting completed with the help of the one and only Jackie Daniels and Windy City Rollers photographer Gil Leora. This painting appeared in my 2014 exhibit. This image is approximately 30 x 40 inches. Check out the Roller Derby gallery for more examples of my work.
To request a custom skater portrait, contact me via email.
My artwork is now available on Etsy! The first products are from the Howie Rolls Derby Designs collection, which are roller derby inspired shirts and decals. All items are based on my original artwork, and are printed using a high-quality process to ensure no detail is lost. Additional items are coming soon! You can find the store at: HanusinArt.
In 2014, South Shore Arts in Crown Point, Indiana hosted an exhibit of my roller derby inspired artwork. The exhibit consisted of all new work completed in 2013 and 2014. The opening featured a number of derby skaters from South Shore Roller Girls and Chicago Bruise Brothers. Thanks to all who made this exhibit a success!